Fripanc replied

295 weeks ago

Centurion Online Free > DOWNLOAD

Show Spoiler

Britain, A.D. 117. Quintus Dias, the sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, marches north with General Virilus' legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the Earth and destroy their leader, Gorlacon.
AD 117. The Roman Empire stretches from Egypt to Spain, and East as far as the Black Sea. But in northern Britain, the relentless onslaught of conquest has ground to a halt in face of the guerrilla tactics of an elusive enemy: the savage and terrifying Picts. Quintus Dias (Fassbender), sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, marches north with General Virilus' (West) legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the earth and destroy their leader Gorlacon. But when the legion is ambushed on unfamiliar ground, and Virilus taken captive, Quintus faces a desperate struggle to keep his small platoon alive behind enemy lines. Enduring the harsh terrain and evading their remorseless Pict pursuers led by revenge-hungry Pict Warrior Etain (Kurylenko), the band of soldiers race to rescue their General and to reach the safety of the Roman frontier.
I am glad they tried to make a movie like this. I want there to be movies about Dark Ages Britain, and historical movies in general. But here is why I stopped watching: 1) The ridiculous inclusion of a female warrior. I am so sick of unrealistic portrayals of them. This girl looks like she weighs 110 pounds. She puts on nice eyeshadow makeup. And she whips Domenic West&#39;s ass. She has this commanding warrior badass presence that, let&#39;s be realistic, no woman would be able to have had in 117 AD, and which lots of buff dudes probably didn&#39;t have then either. I am tired of gritty, but not gritty enough. DO you want to be gritty? Show how this female warrior is beat up by a guy. That is what really would happen. Better yet, show how she uses other abilities than strength, such as cunning, trickery, and her wits, to survive. That is what real women had to do back then, in a addition maybe to a bit of opportunistic backstabbing if necessary. Well, Because they tended not to wield weapons for a reason. That reason being, they are just not as strong! N.b. I am a woman myself, but I think all this warrior girl crap is just too much cliché now. Let&#39;s make it realistic! Make the girl big and strapping at least!! 2) The makeup. I am so sick of the Picts painted blue. It just looked bad. Maybe it didn&#39;t look home-made enough…. I don&#39;t know. I know that is their characteristic but…. Also! They should have been made to speak Welsh and not Scots Gaelic.<br/><br/>3) The cheezy dialogue. I winced. (Interactions between the soldiers, etc) Because I heard what they were trying to do, and sometimes it seemed so nice! They were trying to give a good feel for the time. And they failed! Something was just missing. They needed me on their scriptwriting team.<br/><br/>4) I already said it sort of above, but this was NOT GRITTY ENOUGH. I want to feel like I am in this time period and things in this movie seemed either silly (heads splattering everywhere, much more easily than they would in real life), or halfassed. I never lost myself in this movie and felt like I was somewhere else. I always felt like I was a 21st century person watching a corny 21st century rendition of… something…. People running a lot across nice landscapes…. etc….
&quot;Centurion&quot; takes place circa 117-122 AD in Great Britain and speculates the fate of the Roman 9th Legion, which disappeared at the time and remains a mystery to this day.<br/><br/>PLOT: Seven legion survivors of a surprise Pictish attack go into enemy territory to retrieve their general (Dominic West). The legionnaires then go deeper into the wilderness to escape the vengeance of the Picts with the intention of looping back around. Unfortunately for them, the Picts have an expert tracker on hand; a mute woman with whom the Romans are quite familiar.<br/><br/>ANALYSIS: Michael Fassbender is outstanding as the leader of the remaining legionnaires, Quintus Dias, while Olga Kurylenko is effective as the vengeful Pict tracker, Etain, and Imogen Poots shines as an outcast in the wilderness, Arianne.<br/><br/>The scenery of the film is breathtaking, shot on location in England and Scotland, whilst the pace is brisk at a mere 97 minutes. The latter reveals the weakness of the film as this is definitely a tale that would&#39;ve worked better at 2 hours minimum. Although there are some quality character-defining sequences and near-epic moments, the film needed more. As it is, it&#39;s kind of a blur, but still very worthwhile. The score&#39;s quite good as well.<br/><br/>BOTTOM LINE: &quot;Centurion&quot; is reminiscent of 2004&#39;s &quot;King Arthur,&quot; as far as story, location and overall tone go. The main difference is that the events in &quot;King Arthur&quot; take place 350 years later and involve the legendary Arthur as a Roman warrior. &quot;Centurion,&quot; by contrast, occurs when Hadrian&#39;s Wall was just starting to materialize. Both films are worthwhile to sword &amp; sandal devotees, but &quot;King Arthur&quot; ultimately plays better due to its longer runtime and therefore more characterization and epic-ness.<br/><br/>Be sure to catch 2011&#39;s &quot;The Eagle,&quot; which is essentially the (unofficial) sequel to &quot;Centurion&quot; where the son of the general of the 9th legion ventures into the Pictish wilderness with a Briton slave to regain the 9th legion&#39;s gold eagle standard. &quot;The Eagle&quot; is less Hollywoodized, has a much better first act and is all-around more realistic, but &quot;Centurion&quot; is more conventionally entertaining, has important female characters and a superior last act.<br/><br/>GRADE: B+ <br/><br/>*** SPOILERS FOLLOW*** <br/><br/>One reviewer complained that the film fails to provide conventional protagonists: How can you root for the Romans when they&#39;re the invading army who were responsible for raping Etain when she was a girl, killing her parents, and cutting out her tongue? In addition, at least one legionnaire is revealed to be a total scumbag. But then it&#39;s hard to root for the Picts since Etain is so bitter and vengeful, plus the Picts are pretty much portrayed as the antagonists to the remaining members of the 9th legion.<br/><br/>I would argue that the film encourages us to disregard political loyalties (Roman, Pict or otherwise) and root for the persons worthy of rooting for. In this case, Quintus Dias and Arianne (the &quot;witch&quot;). Why? Because they both prove to have hearts of gold, which is one of the reasons they&#39;re so drawn to each other, beyond the physical attraction.<br/><br/>As for the film&#39;s message, it&#39;s driven home at the end: Big government is not worthy of your absolute loyalty and service because they&#39;ll throw you to the wolves in a second if it serves their purposes. (Government in general is good and necessary but big government is intrinsically untrustworthy and harmful, i.e. evil).
Centurion delivers some large-scale action but plays almost like a Roman-era Western in its depiction of a few soldiers trying to get home alive after the slaughter of their comrades.

a5c7b9f00b
Episode 2.16 full movie kickass torrent27: The Cursed Club movie in hindi hd free downloadThe Tick song free downloadthe Anamnesis full movie download in hindiInto the Dark in hindi free downloadMatched in hindi free downloadNo Escape full movie in hindi free download hd 720pLittle Jaffna full movie download mp4tamil movie Episode 1.29 free downloadReprisal download movie free
Please log in to post a reply.